Premier Owner Operators
At Excargo, our owner operators are at the core of our success. They have some of the best safety scores attainable. Their professionalism, pride in their trucks, and customer service stands out.
Customers frequently compliment our drivers as in this quote from a global retailer:
“I would like to mention how great the drivers are about providing what is needed at the time of check-in at our yard.”
We develop logistic solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
As one of our Excargo drivers put it:
“From drivers to management. Our safety, well being, family, and customer service is what’s important to this company and it is, in my experience, what makes this a great company to work for. And because of those things, I feel this company will be successful for far more than it already is.”
Owner Operator Criteria:
In keeping with the mission statement of Excargo, it is the goal of this company to qualify only safe, professional drivers.
To assist in achieving this goal, the following policy and procedures will apply. Following these procedures will ensure that we hire/contract only experienced, qualified drivers who can pass stringent Excargo policy and D.O.T. requirements.
The safe efficient transport of property is crucial to the success of our organization. In accordance with the U.S. Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) regulation, as adopted by The State of Texas, and in support of Excargo commitment to safety, all driver applicants will be required to meet the following criteria to be considered for employment.
- Must be at least 23 years of age and meet all Federal Motor Carrier Qualifications.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of verifiable commercial motor vehicle driving experience in a Tractor Trailer, congested urban driving; intermodal driving experience preferred.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) from state of residence.
- Must be self-certified as non-excepted interstate and be shown on their MVR.
- No more than three (3) moving violations in the past 36 months and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12 months, and have no DOT reportable accidents in the last 12 months.
- The driver/applicant must have a suitable PSP approved by the Safety Director
- Valid TSA Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC)
- The driver/applicant must be able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language.
- No convictions for “serious or disqualifying traffic violation” within the last three (3) years. (See FMCSR parts 382, 391, 392, and 397) A “serious or disqualifying traffic violation” includes the following:
- Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 m.p.h. or more above the posted speed limit.
- Reckless driving, as defined by state or local law or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely/failure to maintain speed.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident.
- Operating a CMV while using a handheld device.
Excargo requires all applicants to pass a criminal background check. The following convictions are some of the disqualifying convictions.
- No DWI’s or DUI’s involving alcohol or drugs, illegal or prescription within the last ten (10) years. All offenses over ten (10) years will be at management discretion. May not have more than one.
- No convictions of “ANY” sexual related crimes or offenses. This is to include: rape, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault of a minor, indecency with a child or any offense management deems as to this category.
- No assault convictions less than ten (10) years old. No distribution convictions if involved the use of a CMV.
- No felony convictions less than ten (10) years old. No misdemeanors less than five (5) years old.
- No multiple convictions of criminal activity within three (3) years.
All other convictions will be at management discretion and review.
The Safety Department is responsible for final qualification of driver applicants and will provide verification of eligibility. The Safety Department will quality driver applicants according to D.O.T. requirements and Excargo policy. Only Excargo management can make an exception to these policies.
Excargo Services is a transportation logistics company that provides expert intermodal, drayage, transloading and warehouse solutions for major importers and exporters to and from the Port of Houston and area rail terminals in Texas and the bordering states.
5330 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77023