At Excargo, our owner operators are at the core of our success. They have some of the best safety scores attainable. Their professionalism, pride in their trucks, and customer service stands out.
Customers frequently compliment our drivers as in this quote from a global retailer:
“I would like to mention how great the drivers are about providing what is needed at the time of check-in at our yard.”
We develop logistic solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
As one of our Excargo drivers put it:
“From drivers to management. Our safety, well being, family, and customer service is what’s important to this company and it is, in my experience, what makes this a great company to work for. And because of those things, I feel this company will be successful for far more than it already is.”
Owner Operator Criteria:
An individual must meet the minimum standards below to be considered eligible to lease on to Excargo:
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Must agree to have their backgrounds checked (criminal and civil)
- Must have at least three years verifiable commercial vehicle driving experience. Intermodal driving experience is preferred.
- Must possess a current Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Current Driver TWIC
- Valid Social Security Card
- Must have not have had license suspensions, revocations in the past 10 years.
- Must not have more than two moving violations in the past three years and must provide police reports on any crashes.
- Must have no more than one (1) DOT recordable crash in the preceding three years.
- Must have written and spoken command of all safety regulations in English, in accordance with DOT law and corporate policy
- Must participate in DOT-required alcohol and drug testing program.
- Preferred tractor less than 10 years old
Must not have any of the following on their record:
- DWI or DUID in a commercial motor vehicle
- DWI or DUID within the past 10/15 years in a non-CMV
- Reckless Driving
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Failure to report an accident
- Any felony involving a commercial vehicle
- No rear end or rollover accidents in the previous 3 years
Excargo delivers a customized transportation service for companies at the Port of Houston and area rail terminals. We’re a carrier with specialized experience handling time-sensitive, high-value loads.
5330 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77023
(713) 921-7700 / 1-800-777-2306